Here’s what we know about Lee, towering about 1,200 miles from the northern Leeward Islands in the Atlantic:
- According to the forecast, Lee will be in the southwest Atlantic over the weekend.
- Tropical Storm Lee is approaching hurricane strength.
- It will pass as a strong hurricane near or north of the northern Leeward Islands this weekend.
- It’s far too early to tell if this future hurricane will threaten other land areas next week.
- Interested parties in Bermuda, the US East Coast and Atlantic Canada should keep an eye on next week’s forecast.
- Scenario 1: A faster front and weaker high pressure would favor a route closer to Bermuda.
- Scenario 2: Slower frontal movement and stronger high pressure would favor a tracker closer to the US east coast.
- Vivian Gonzalez
- Meteorologist, AMS certified
- WSVN channel 7
https://wsvn.com/weather-blog/tracking-lee/ Chasing Lee – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports