The 8 best Reebok sneakers of 2021 – Footwear News
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our site, Footwear News may receive an affiliate commission.
Reebok’s sneaker repertoire spans the full range of footwear options: the brand offers options for running, walking or whenever you need a solid sneaker. Reebok’s history is rooted in movement, and the brand’s current state reflects that, with options for all types of workouts. Some of the most popular Reebok shoes of the moment are decades old, like the Club C, the Classic Leather, and the Workout, all from the 1980s.
This history of sneaker production makes Reebok’s modern offerings even better. Many of these casual sneakers, like the Club C, were originally designed for tennis but have since transitioned into casual wear. In their place, Reebok makes sneakers fit for hard movements like running and cross-training in the gym.
Reebok classics have paved the way for some of the most versatile casual sneakers that easily pair with leggings and an oversized tee like Emrata and Jennifer Lawrence, or dress smartly with tailored pants and a turtleneck a la Sophia Richie. The comfortable, supportive sneakers truly rank among the best hiking shoes for women and the best hiking shoes for men.
Reebok is best known for its classic sneakers, many of which became popular in the ’80s and early ’90s. Reebok was one of the first brands to make women’s aerobic sneakers, and the brand has kept that nostalgic, old-school aesthetic in the sneakers to this day. Now they are considered some of the best no-frills kicks out there. Club C sneakers are among the most comfortable sneakers to wear every day. They pair well with wide-leg jeans, tailored pants, and parachute pants. Add a simple white t-shirt to any of these and you have a solid spring outfit. Gigi Hadid knows the drill — she styled the Club C sneakers with a cropped tee, adding an open shirt for good measure.
Reebok has also been at the forefront of fashion collaborations, teaming up with icons from across the fashion industry – Vetements, Maison Margiela, Pyer Moss, Victoria Beckham – and celebrities like Shaq, Cardi B and Ariana Grande. We did some research to select the best Reebok sneakers to buy right now. Check them out below.
The 9 best Reebok shoes of 2023
Reebok Club C 85 shoes
Overall the best Reebok sneakers
- Size range: 3.5-15
- Color variants: White; Black; white and green; white and navy blue; black with rubber sole; white with rubber sole; and more
- Materials: Leather; EVA midsole cushioning
- Advantages: Light; versatile
- Disadvantages: Not much support
The Reebok Club C 85 is one of the best selling Reebok shoes of all time and we don’t see that changing any time soon. These started as tennis shoes in 1985 but are now an everyday shoe for every style. As a person with an addiction to white sneakers, I can tell you that these are my most recommended pair for most people, fashion conscious or not. I tie the laces, tuck them in, and pull them on. Especially in spring and summer they are unbeatable.
What reviewers say: “These look MUCH better in person. So clean with any outfit and I love how amazing they look. Whichever team was responsible for this particular design should get a raise. I wish I could buy 5 more pairs.”
Reebok Classic Legacy leather shoes
The best Reebok shoes to stand all day
- Size range: M3.5/W5-M18/W19.5
- Color variants: White; Black; Blue; Olive; Beige; Marine; and more
- Materials: leather
- Advantages: supportive; 30 color options
- Disadvantages: Some reviewers say it doesn’t always wrap around the back of their feet
Reebok Classic Leather Legacy is another classic, retro-inspired Reebok shape. You can wear them just like the Club Cs, but they offer a little more support if you’re standing all day or have a job that requires you to be on your feet, e.g. B. as a nurse. The highly abrasion-resistant rubber outsole also ensures stable traction.
What reviewers say: “After wearing them for a few days, a pain I was struggling with in my foot disappeared like magic. When I went to school in the late ’90s, I swore by the Reebok classics. Super happy to have seen the light again. Classic minimalist urban style, perfect arch support and an exceptionally comfortable toe box make for a fantastic experience! You could wear these 30 years ago and look good, and you could wear them 30 years from now and look good. Timeless.”
Reebok Zig Kinetica 2.5 shoes
- Size range: M7/W8.5-13M/W14.5
- Color variants: White; Black; black and orange
- Materials: floatride cushioning; Foam midsole
- Advantages: supportive
- Disadvantages: Turns out big
Reebok Zig Kinetica 2.5 is a great running shoe. It’s lightweight and features Reebok’s Floatride Fuel cushioning, which feels soft on your foot but is still responsive once it hits the ground. For a running sneaker you can wear all day while you walk, this all-white pair will do the job well.
What reviewers say:“This shoe is a great, beautiful style. It has good construction, boost on the sole and they are nice and comfortable. I would recommend going half size up to your true foot size as this can run large.
Reebok Workout Plus shoes
- Size range: M3.5/W5-M15/W16.5
- Color variants: Everything white; Black; white with rubber sole; black with rubber sole;
- Materials: leather upper; EVA foam midsole; Outsole made of highly abrasion-resistant rubber
- Advantages: Robust rubber outsole
- Disadvantages: Some quality control issues, according to reviewers
The Reebok Workout Plus is one of those classic ’80s silhouettes. Even as a white low-top sneaker, it stands out with its rubber sole and H-strap details. It has an EVA foam midsole to keep you moving throughout the day, and the minimalist look works just about anywhere.
What reviewers say: “I love the shoe! They’re just a little big. Reebok Classics are a timeless piece that will spice up any outfit.”
Reebok Nano X3 shoes
The best Reebok shoes for crossfit
- Size range: M5/W6-M11/W12
- Color variants: White and black; Black and white; all Black; everything white; black and gray; and more
- Materials: floatride energy foam; Flexweave woven textile upper; rubber outsole
- Advantages: Solid grip on the outsole
- Disadvantages: Stiff
Reebok Freestyle Hi shoes
- Size range: 5-12
- Color variants: White; Black; Red; orange; Pink; light green; purple
- Materials: Leather; EVA midsole
- Advantages: Ankle support and cool colorways
- Disadvantages: narrow seat
Reebok Floatride Energy X shoes
The best Reebok shoes for running
- Size range: M6/W7.5-M12/W13.5
- Color variants: yellow and blue; Black; orange and yellow; black and aqua
- Materials: Flexweave upper; Floatride Energy Foam
- Weight: 9.1 ounces
- Drops: 6mm
- Advantages: Stretchy, breathable upper
- Disadvantages: heavier feeling
The Reebok Floatride will become your favorite running shoe as soon as you get your hands on a new pair. They are designed to support you during longer distance runs or marathon training. Higher, rolling support on the underfoot keeps your stride in check even when you’re fatigued.
Reebok Club C Revenge shoes
- Size range: 4-13
- Color variants: white and navy; white and red; white and green; cream and black
- Materials: Leather, suede, rubber outsole
- Advantages: Versatile
- Disadvantages: Not super technical
Reebok Club C Revenge has all the versatility of the Club C but with a touch more vintage appeal. The design is a little different and the hit colorway reflects old-school sneaker pop. Wear it with denim all spring long.
Reebok Royal BB 4500 Hi 2 shoes
- Size range: 6:5-15
- Color variants: White; Black; White and black; white and neon; and more
- Materials: leather and mesh
- Advantages: ankle support; removable midsole
- Disadvantages: Not much support underfoot
Don’t sleep on Reebok basketball shoes even if you don’t plan on stepping onto the court any time soon. The Reebok Royal BB 4500 Hi 2 is a comfortable high-top sneaker for the athleisure age. Wear them with tailored pants or updated cargos for a total look.
What to look for in the best Reebok hiking shoes
- Damping: The best cushioning depends on the environment you wear these shoes in and how supported you want to feel. The Club C, for example, is a super soft shoe, but rather flat. Something like the leather classic has a little more grip underfoot.
- Purpose: If you’re just looking for an everyday shoe that goes well with your outfits, don’t hesitate to opt for some of the less technical but very cool classics. If you do a lot of walking, look for something that has more performance elements to support it.
- foot type: Most Reebok shoes are neutral – not too narrow, not too wide. Most models are unisex. So if you have a smaller or narrower foot you might find more room in the toe box which is great for longer walks. If you are looking for hiking shoes for high arches or hiking shoes for plantar fasciitis, save yourself the more technical running shoes and simply slip on orthotics to the classics.
How we picked the best Reebok shoes
For more than 75 years, Footwear News has been the footwear authority. Our coverage includes top industry news, retail trends, head-to-toe fashion, sports and outdoors analysis and more. Footwear News’ global network of editors have carefully curated all featured product selections, using our extensive brand knowledge and in-depth research to find quality, durable items. For this story, we researched the top rated Reebok models, taking into account customer reviews and shoe style history. We’ve also made sure to include Reebok sneakers to suit a variety of style preferences and foot conditions.
Meet the author
Christine Flemia writes about style, grooming and more; She is a former Associate Style Editor of Esquire and is currently pursuing a PhD in Communications from Columbia University. When Flammia isn’t at school, you can find her in the gym trying out the latest and greatest training shoes, particularly from Reebok.
https://footwearnews.com/feature/best-reebok-sneakers-1203213668/ The 8 best Reebok sneakers of 2021 – Footwear News