Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting? 5 quick fixes
APPLE AirPods are still incredibly popular despite the success of the company’s headphones – but they don’t always run smoothly.
The audio gadget can be stubborn at times when it comes to connecting to a user’s smartphone.
If your AirPods keeps disconnecting, there are a number of things that can be the cause of the problem.
Why do my AirPods keep dropping and disconnecting?
- battery life
- Bluetooth interference
- Wrong iOS version
How can I prevent my AirPods from disconnecting?
- AirPods won’t connect to your phone when the battery level is low. When empty, AirPods will automatically disconnect from each device. To give them a little juice, just pop them into their charging case.
- The battery in your charging case may also be dead. Connect it with a Lightning cable to charge it, then try charging your AirPods.
- When Bluetooth devices are placed close to each other, their signals can get a little confused. If your AirPods are close to your WiFi router, the signal can block their ability to connect. Try moving your AirPods to a location where interference is unlikely and try to connect again.
- You may need to update your device to the latest version of iOS, the iPhone’s operating system, to fix the connection problem. Go to Ideas App on your iPhone. Beat Generally > Software update. Then tap Download and install.
- If you have AirPods Pro (2nd generation), you need a device with iOS 16 or higher. But iOS 16 is only available on an iPhone 8 and later. Therefore, you may need a newer device.
How to clean AirPods
Apple recommends using a cloth with 70% isopropyl alcohol, 75% ethyl alcohol, or disinfectant wipes to gently clean the exterior of your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods.
However, be careful not to use products that contain bleach or hydrogen peroxide as these can cause discoloration.
Apple has also advised AirPod owners not to use these cloths on the speaker mesh and to avoid getting moisture into any vents.
And definitely don’t submerge or run your AirPods in detergent or under water.
Here are some pro tips:
Clean the microphone and speaker grills with a dry cotton swab.
If your AirPods are exposed to anything that might stain or cause other damage — like shampoos, lotions, perfumes, solvents, detergents, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye — simply wipe them clean with a slightly damp cloth and dry with a soft, lint-free cloth.
Then allow them to dry completely before placing them in the charging case.
Don’t try to use them until they are completely dry.
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get the latest news about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
If none of the above work, your AirPods may have a hardware issue.
Considering they’re portable, it’s inevitable that they’ll get a few bumps and bruises when you’re out and about.
Sometimes this can cause damage that causes your headphones to malfunction.
To have them repaired, you can ship them to Apple or take them to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Visit the Apple website for more details on AirPod repairs. Here.
In other news, WhatsApp has backed off plans to block features for users who disagree with its new policies.
Twitter has confirmed the existence of its subscription service, Twitter Blue.
And Microsoft Teams just got some new features that could help it compete with WhatsApp.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science Team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
https://www.the-sun.com/tech/3048105/why-do-airpods-keep-disconnecting-fix-apple-earphone/ Why do my AirPods keep disconnecting? 5 quick fixes